The Technology Ministry team is positioned to assist and support Central United Methodist Church in reaching out to members, visitors, seekers and leaders through a variety of technology tools including: video, audio, print, “smart” technology, and internet. Because there is so much involved in developing and maintaining a dynamic presence through the effective use of technology, the Technology Ministry should be just as prominent and integrated into the church’s total ministry plan as the other church ministries.
The Technology Ministry team builds dynamic, interactive, multi-layered services that expand the church’s reach to connect with users 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year so that any person, anytime, and anywhere can become a disciple of Jesus Christ and enter into a life-changing, world-transforming journey of faith, hope and love.
The Technology Ministry Team:
- Works with other leaders in the church to plan and implement ministry activities in order to fulfill the church’s mission of helping all persons become disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- Serves as a representative to the church council and other meetings as needed.
- Prays for the ministries of Central United Methodist Church.
- Organizes a team to help in planning and leading the congregation in technology activities.
- Plans the year to implement the program(s) of the Technology Ministry.
- Carries out plans that have been made, enlisting the assistance of team members, church leaders, and the congregation.
- Evaluates effectiveness of the team’s plans; records recommendations for modifications.
We are in the process of updating our church websites and are in need of help. If you have an interest in volunteering to help with updating and maintaining the church websites, please contact a technology team member. If you do not have experience working with technology, but have a willingness to learn (and you are teachable), we’ll show you everything you need to know.